What website does your crypto-project need?
When you run your own blockchain company, you must have a website. You are entering one of the hottest tech marketplaces in the world. It would be ridiculous to start without the elementary tools.
What kind of website should you choose?
Depending on your goals, you can choose different types of development.
The easiest and cheapest way is to use a free template on a popular platform like Wordpress. But you need to assess your reputation risks – will such a cheap site help you earn investors’ trust?
Another option is a landing page. This option might be acceptable if you have just started. A landing page can inform your future investors about your roadmap, your team, plans for an ICO, and the price of a token.
Sooner or later, you will need a fully functional site with your white paper and FAQ, information about the ecosystem and the tokenomics, news about your project, and other useful information.
If you plan to raise funds through your own site, you’ll need to add the ability for investors to create private accounts. People who give you money require security for their investments. You need to provide it.
Who will create your website?
When looking for a web developer, you have various options.
The first option is hiring freelancers. There are lots of web resources where you can find qualified and experienced developers. There are pros and cons to this approach. On one hand, freelancers are usually cheaper than agencies. On the other hand, you run risks with deadlines and cash payments.
The second option is working with a web-design studio or digital agency. This is the most common way to get what you need. Studios and agencies usually work as legal entities. You have lower risks with deadlines because you’re cooperating with a team of developers.
The third option is using an ICO-platform and its services. Cryptocurrency is a young, high-demand industry that is developing rapidly. When you work with an existing platform, your project will have full support and maintenance – from writing your whitepaper to creating your website to fundraising through an ICO.
The main elements of your website
The best way to decide what to include on your website is to look at successful ICO projects. We recommend including the following sections:
• About us – a short description of your project: your idea, your team, your mission and vision. Mission and vision can also be separate sections.
• Our product – one of the most important sections, after the white paper. Here you can persuade investors that your product is really worth investing in.
• White paper – a “must have” for every crypto-project. Usually available for download as a PDF file.
• Roadmap – important information that helps investors evaluate your project before an ICO. If your achievements align with your roadmap it means you know how to do business.
• ICO and Token – here you can show the ICO terms and timetable, the price of the token and all about the tokenomics. ICO and token can also be separate sections.
• Team and Advisors – last but not least. Information about your team members and project advisors is very important to investors for their research. If you search for “tips on how to evaluate an ICO”, you will see that experts recommend reviewing a project’s team and advisors carefully.
• FAQ – you can answer all the questions about your project in this section.
• Contacts – how will you receive feedback? Build trust by showing your contact information.
Creating your website
Before you start working on your site, you should know about these important steps:
1. Specifications - a solid plan is half the work. If you know what you want, your contractor can make it easier and faster.
2. Domain and hosting choice – if you don’t know anything about it, you should leave it to professionals.
3. Prototypes – the draft of your site. Prototypes show a simplified version of the website’s design and function.
4. Layouts and web design – the creation of your site. This part takes the most time and effort.
5. Content – when the site is almost finished, you need to create the content. This is a task for marketers and copywriters.
6. Testing – finally, test your site to make sure everything works as it should.
One final tip: plan for future SEO and promotion when creating your site and content. Many agencies can help you with this.